Friday 1 March 2013

Week 1 Overview of Songwriting Activity

To answer the questions of where I am on my songwriting journey and what do I hope to achieve from the Berklee course:
  • been a part-time singer-songwriter for 25 yrs
  • 2 commercial releases
  • CBC play and some commercial radio
  • won several international songwriting contests
  • lots of performing over the years, Western Canada and Ontario
  • writes acoustic guitar-centered folk music, with jazz and classical inspirations
  • am taking most of a year off beginning in June to re-energize and devote myself to art, so am looking for songwriting collaborations to broaden the styles in my catalog
  • also doing creative writing -  just finished a lyric ballad, a short story all told in rhyme, which is about 4000 words and was a blast to write - plan to put music behind it and record me reading it as a self-published an audio book

Here's a link to a youtube


Here's a link to the lyric and sound clip of the song that won some awards

 http://larkspurmusic.com/rubber-galoshes-lyric.shtml


 Here's my website where you can hear song clips and read lyrics. 
 



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals and commitment. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, nice to have you in the SAC Songwriting Blog Challenge 2013! All the Best.

    ReplyDelete